The objective of this project was to create a title sequence to a film of our choosing. I worked on this project with 2 other students and we decided to create a sequence for The Iron Giant.
The idea behind the animation style and illustrations was originally to simulate a pop-up book - we tried to capture the child-like nature of the film yet retain some of the films underlying dark tone.
In the carousel is the title sequence itself and some of our initial sketches and ideation.
My contributions to the project included: Concepting / initialized the use of pop ups Art direction / setting the art style and creating all the illustrations